The Lester File

Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 1 - Travel and Dinner

As part of our internship experience, we are expected to cook for ourselves (with food purchased by Buckner) at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the first week while we're in Guatemala city. So, tonight Laura and I cooked dinner. I made guacamole (from scratch!) and cooked some chicken on the wok for 9 people. We made them into little tacos and Laura made the fruit salad. It was super fun!

I got to see BERTA! She said that there might be some opportunities for me immediately to stay in Guatemala. The spread here isn't bad and the people are amazing. I'm stoked.

Right now, we're going to sort our luggage that we brought for humanitarian aid and then get some sleep b/c I did not sleep at all last night at the Radisson airport.

OH and I have a Guatemala cell phone. Once I find out what the number is, I'll post it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That guacamole looked muy bueno! Sounds like you need to get some sleep tonight---hope you do! Love Mom

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home