The Lester File

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Oh, the turning point. That trite realization that the choice you've been avoiding for weeks has finally eaten its way to your consciousness and now threatens to obliterate your reality in its obesity. Today, I had that kind of experience.
Graduate school is a terrifying endeavor that goes by so quickly; yet, the memories of those months of pure hell are enough to haunt your dreams for the rest of your life. But, until today, I'm fairly certain my concept of being a grad student can be summed up as straight up denial. It took 2 Bs, a language requirement, and some botched half-hearted romantic episodes to make that reality sink in so that I could wake up to the real nightmare.
I spent some time mourning the loss of pre-graduate school euphoria of living in an exciting new city with new friends and new digs, but as the city turns cold, I find I must as well...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it Lester -- just found this link in an old bebo mail you sent me--- AGgggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeesssssssss ago..

LOVE hearing your craic!!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home