The Lester File

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Iron Giants Gig







Well, its been a little while since I last blogged, so I'll just start with the most recent things to occur and then go indepth into the Gig.
Christmas was crazy. The WHOLE family (both sides) dropped in for the event and we spent our time singing songs, eati
ng food, and trying not to kill each other. Scrabble is just not a good idea for us.
Then, for New Year's Eve, I went to Mississippi to be with the China girls. Meg, Jen, and I partied it up old school and then I went with Jen to Natchez to visit with her fam and Everett a bit before he went back to China. It was AWESOME. I miss those girls a lo
t :(

Last night, however, my brother played his first BIG gig at the Cavern in Dallas. For those of you who do not know, my 22 year old brother, Jake, has a band called the Iron Giants. They play a sort of Indie Rock thing with piano, guitar, and vocals. For the past 3 1/2 years (maybe longer) they've been playing, writing, and recording their own songs. Recently, they began selling their honed recording skills for extra cash to various artis
ts who harbor visions of fame or at least enjoy hearing themselves on tape.
Anyway, they played and played until they gathered a following who dug them and convinced them to take their act
on the road. They've played dives and dances for a couple years until last night when they gave a serious show (for little or no pay) in Dallas' Lower Greenville.
They played a great show that brought in the largest crowd of all the bands playing that venue that night. I was so terribly proud of him and I took an insane amount of pointless pictures of which I will now share a small collection.

That's my life up to today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home